America’s Top Cross Country Moving Company
The challenge of making a long distance move is in the details. It’s easy to wrap your head around the fact that you have to move your belongings from point A to point B, but it’s easy to overlook some of the other important aspects of moving. This is where the benefit of hiring a cross country moving company comes in.
Working with a long distance moving company, rather than doing the move yourself, can save you considerable time, energy and often times, money.
Hiring professional movers is helpful because it allows you to handle all the other things that come with making a long distance move and your items will be insured against theft, damage or loss during delivery. This is a key point that often goes overlooked. Even relatively small moves can cause a lot of damage, especially if not properly packed.
Here are the main benefits of hiring a cross country moving company:
- You can focus on the other details of your move
- Belongings are covered by insurance and moved by professionals
- Professional movers handle the labor of loading and unloading
- Long distance moving companies have storage and moving supplies
An unexpected business relocation meant that I suddenly had to move from New York to L.A. last year. Thankfully, I came across crosscountrymovingcompanies.biz. Getting a quote was simple and they made my move across the country an absolute breeze. Very efficient and professional moving company!
—David M. Bowman
Making A Long Distance Move Yourself
It’s always tempting to take the do-it-yourself route when making a move, even across the country. The benefits of tackling the job yourself, or with the help of friends or family, is that it can save you money.
Truck rental companies like Uhaul, Budget or Penske make it easy with drop-off locations in virtually every major city. It seems so simple to just do it yourself.
The truth is, there are a lot of loose ends to tie up when you’re relocating and people often neglect to factor in the time spent preparing, driving and missing work.
Here are some of the frequently overlooked things to keep in mind when preparing for a move:
- Moving cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats and RV’s
- Notify current landlord, utilities companies and contacts of your move
- Get rid of the excess with donations and yard sales
- Transfer medical and prescription records
- How to move pets and transfer veterinary records
- Update your address with post office, DMV and insurance carriers
- Collect packing and moving supplies
These are just some of the things that contribute to the difficulty and stress of relocating to another state or across the country. Every move is different and we approach the needs of each customer with a full-service moving plan that lets you rest easy knowing that we’ll take care of the driving and heavy lifting.
Contact us today to learn more about how to save time and money on your cross country move!