Make your Moving Eco-Friendly in Salt Lake City, Utah
Want a free, instant Salt Lake City cross country moving company quote? Use the form to the right for a no obligation quote and start saving today! We have operators standing by to answer your questions.
Salt Lake City, Utah was founded in 1847 and today it is a thriving city with cultural diversities. When you want to move to or from Salt Lake City, there are many things that you have to keep in mind. You can also contribute to your society and town an eco-friendly move.
Guide to Eco-Friendly Packing
When you have to move, all that you can think of is to call a local or long distance moving company in Salt Lake City and let them take care of the rest. However, there is a lot that you can do before the movers arrive and you can do it the ec0-friendly way.
- Choose green packing materials – Packing materials are crucial and indispensible and people may go overboard when they shop for them. However, take care that whatever you buy is made of biodegradable materials and that they can be reused and recycled. You can also buy materials that have been recycled and they are just as good as boxes made from scratch. This will reduce the amount of waste going for landfills.
- Reuse materials around the house – Rather than buying bubble wrap and other expensive materials which in the end might take a few hundred years to degrade, use materials like newspapers and clothes that are just lying around the house. If you really need bubble wrap, then buy the degradable variety.
- Compact packing – do not leave spaces inside the packing boxes as then you might have to buy more. You can fill the spaces with small items which are unbreakable. This way you can pack more and save money on boxes also.
- Durable materials – when you buy strong and durable materials, they can be reused again. Remember that your package will not be handled with care unless you mention “fragile” on the cover. The boxes will be thrown around and about and they will last a long time only if they are durable.
- Eco-friendly movers – Yes, there are eco-friendly movers in the country who take care to do things that benefit nature. Salt Lake City long distance moving Companies with a good and extensive network are very eco-friendly as they will not have to go out their way to give customized routes. Their network is sure to choose a route that is already in existence which will make the move cheaper. Customized routes are not only more expensive but they will also use up more gas and energy. Some inter state moving companies even use biodiesel fuel.
- Reusable packing plastic bins – Your movers will be able to provide you with such bins and you can pack all your stuff in them. These bins can be reused at least a couple of hundred times.
Need a custom plan of action for your upcoming move? Call us today and find out how we can help. Get a FREE, instant Salt Lake City, UT long distance mover quote by using the form to the right!
Considering your Moving Options
When you want to move to Salt Lake City, Utah carefully consider your local or state to state moving options. Choosing a smaller truck will reduce the amount of CO2 emissions and so try to reduce the amount of things that you have to take with you. Sell whatever you no longer use and donate stuff that you do not want. If you can choose moving through rails as they are very fuel-efficient.
Our Moving services: Packing, loading, unloading, Piano moving, Pool Table, Hot Tub, Business, Home, Apartments, Office, Furniture, Navy, Marine, Air-Force, Auto Transportation and more…
How far away from Salt Lake City, Utah?
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Colorado Springs, CO||8 h 37 min, 603.0 mi|
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Denver, CO||7 h 40 min, 533.7 mi|
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Glendale, CA||10 h 25 min, 687.3 mi|
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Las Vegas, NV||5 h 57 min, 421.2 mi|
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Los Angeles, CA||10 h 27 min, 688.7 mi|
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Park City, UT||40 min, 31.9 mi|
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Seattle, WA||12 h 20 min, 839.8 mi|
|Moving from Salt Lake City, Utah to Tucson, AZ||11 h 44 min, 776.2 mi|
Save money on moving today by requesting a FREE & CHEAP online quote! All estimates are FREE of charge–no strings attached! Give us a call if you have questions about moving to or from Salt Lake City or fill out the request form and start planning your move now!
Dial 1-888-316-9603 and get free moving consultation from the top notch cross country mover in Salt Lake City, UT