Moving Abroad From Lubbock, Texas
A visit to Lubbock will want you to make a home there as it offers a rest from the rat race with its many parks, wineries and golf courses. However, the city also has its serious side where it is the economic and education hub of the region. The city is the county seat of Lubbock County in Texas and is seated on the southern part of the Western High Plains. Art lovers will enjoy the Art on Texas Avenue, the Lubbock Symphony Orchestra and Ballet Lubbock. You will also find various museums and sightseeing attractions in the city that will draw visitors and tourists alike.
When you have to make an international move, you will need the help of professional Lubbock cross country movers.
International moves can be more stressful than local and domestic moves. However, most companies will have a good network of professionals who will be there from start to finish to help you.
1. Choosing the Right Packing Materials – As this is going to be a long and strenuous journey, buy strong packing materials. It is not a good idea to reuse old cardboard boxes as they might give way in the middle of transit. Moreover, you cannot just pack like you would do for a local move but have to adhere to any shipping requirements which you can find out from your local or cross country mover in Lubbock, TX. Try these on for size –
- 1.5 cu. ft. moving box – to pack small heavy objects like books, kitchen appliances and tools.
- 3 cu. ft. moving box – this can be used to pack all sorts of things like kitchen utensils and toys.
- 4.5 and 6 cu. ft. moving boxes – they are for packing lightweight objects that take a lot of space such as pillows and stuffed toys.
- Dish-packs – these boxes can also be used to pack kitchen items.
- Mirror boxes – all kinds of glassware can be safely packed inside these boxes.
- Moving wardrobes – These are specially designed wardrobes that are used to move hanging clothes and other cloth items. However, they are not to be used for carrying anything heavy in the bottom and so do not fill it up with books or anything else.
- Custom boxes – You can also ask for custom size boxes which you might need to pack expensive goods or things that come in odd shapes and sizes.
- Mattress boxes – these are ideal for packing your bulky mattresses and they come in all the standard mattress sizes.
2. Packing the Right Way for an International Move – There is no use in buying all the right materials and getting your things packed in the wrong way. You can get away with a lot of things for local moves but if you want your chinaware to arrive safely in another country, then you have to follow a few guidelines.
- Use a lot of tape and cover all the sides and openings carefully.
- Use labels in each and every box. There is no harm in giving a lot of information such as address, contents and even room number.
- Wrap fragile and breakable items individually.
3. Right Associations – It would help a lot if your Lubbock long distance movers are members of International Association of Movers (IAM) and Overseas Moving Network International (OMNI). IAM is a non-profit association with over 2000 members comprising of local and long distance moving companies and moving service providers in over 170 countries all across the globe. IAM was started in 1962 and it has its main office in Washington DC. OMNI has a vast network of international moving companies that cater to over 70 countries. When a company declares that it is a member of any of these two associations, then you can trust them as they are all about delivering reliability, trust and ethics.
Transportation By Sea
When you choose to ship your belongings by sea, then you will have to use sea worthy materials like wooden crates. Movers will come to your house and will take your belongings to transport it to the port by road or by rail. Then when it reaches the port it will have to go through customs and then get loaded onto the ship. Once the goods arrive at the destination country, you will have to go through customs once again but agents sent by your Lubbock cross country moving company will be there to get you through without any fuss. Each country will have different processes and different systems. So it is essential to know as much as you can about it before you pack your bags.
Transportation By Air
Air travel is more expensive than ship but its popularity is increasing in recent years as it is faster than ship. You can use heavy cardboard boxes or containers to pack your stuff but take only the things that you really need. Your local or long distance moving company in Lubbock, TX will help prepare all the carrier documents that you need to take with you to show the customs. Also you will have another team of movers waiting at your new house to unpack your stuff.
Storing Your Items
If your international move is only going to be for a limited period of time, then it makes no sense to take a lot of things with you such as furniture and all your books. You can keep it at a friend’s place or use a storage unit.
Tip: Go to http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings.html to get warnings and alerts before you start your trip.
How far away from Lubbock, Texas?
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to Austin, TX||5 h 53 min, 372.2 mi|
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to Dallas, TX||5 h 10 min, 345.2 mi|
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to Hobbs, NM||1 h 47 min, 110.1 mi|
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to Houston, TX||8 h 5 min, 520.0 mi|
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to Kansas City, MO||10 h 3 min, 698.1 mi|
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to Roswell, NM||2 h 41 min, 173.5 mi|
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to San Antonio, TX||5 h 49 min, 387.3 mi|
|Moving from Lubbock, TX to Santa Fe, NM||4 h 58 min, 312.3 mi|
Our Moving services: Packing, loading, unloading, Piano moving, Pool Table, Hot Tub, Business, Home, Apartments, Office, Furniture, Navy, Marine, Air-Force, Auto Transportation and more…
Are you looking for a best and cheap cross country moving company in Lubbock, TX? Dial 1-888-316-9603 and get free moving consultation from the leading long distance moving company in Lubbock, TX for commercial and residential use.